If you’ve been hearing crackling sounds in your walls, have seen little piles of ant frass (wood shavings, dead insects, and waste matter) near window or door frames, or have seen big black ants inside your home- YOU have an ant problem.
In Connecticut, there are four species of ants that typically invade homes. All of these can be active year-round if they have the right conditions to survive. However, only the carpenter ant will actually destroy the wood in your home. Regardless, any ant invasion should be treated by a professional, as ant foraging trails can be complex and their nests can be well-hidden. You can trust the expert technicians at Envirocare Pest Control to locate and eliminate these pests from your home.
The 4 Most Common Species of Ants in Connecticut:
- Tan, red, or black; ¼ to ½”
- Build colonies in wall voids, foam insulation, eaves, and crawl spaces
- Likes sweets
- Black; 1/16“
- Nest in wall voids, under carpets, in woodwork, decaying wood & masonry
- Likes sweets, fats, oils
- Black or dark brown; 1/16 to 1/8“
- Prefers areas with moisture (e.g., near heaters and hot water pipes)
- Likes sweets and meats
- Dark brown; 1/8“
- Nest near masonry and building foundations
- Likes sweets, greasy foods, and pet food
FAQs: Ant Control Services from Envirocare Pest Control
How does the process work?
- The first and most important step in resolving ant infestations is to correctly identify the ant species in your home because not all ant species will react to the same treatments. We’ll ask you questions like – Where have you seen the ants? Have you seen any ants with wings? Have you seen traces of ant frass?
- Then our pest control technicians will perform a thorough inspection of the interior and exterior of your home or business, during which we’ll look for live ants, foraging trails, and areas conducive to ants such as water-damaged wood or overhanging trees.
- After inspection, a variety of products will be applied to gain quick control of the problem. Usually, the areas treated include the basement, bathrooms, kitchen, attics, and exterior, as well as additional areas the ants have been seen. The treatments will both eliminate interior ant colonies and prevent new exterior ant colonies from entering.
Is ant treatment dangerous for my children and pets?
When presented with a pest problem, Envirocare Pest Control always utilizes the least toxic methods of pest control as our first option. In ant treatments, we use organic dusts, gel baits, granule products, and liquid materials. All of our treatments are pet-friendly and, if we notice a sensitive situation, we can suggest alternative treatment methods. We do ask that any pets and children stay in another room or outside while treatment is taking place.
Does the treatment smell?
We would never use something in your home that we wouldn’t use in our own! Therefore, all of the treatment products we use are odorless (with the exception of our all-natural rodent repellent for mice).
How long will it take for treatment to work?
We expect that you will continue to see ants for a few weeks (unless we find and directly treat the hidden nest, which happens in 50–60% of cases). This is because our products are designed for foraging ants to bring back to the colony and spread it among the nest.
How much does your ant extermination service cost?
The fee for our services is based upon the square footage and style of your home, as well as the complexity of the job, so our prices will vary. However, we pride ourselves on being affordable for everyone.
Is there a warranty or guarantee for ant treatment?
Envirocare Pest Control offers a 6-month warranty on all one-time treatments for ants only. However, we also offer a one-year warranty for our ongoing quarterly program. The quarterly program includes service for wasps, mice and other pests as well, at no additional charge.
If you’ve got an ant problem, call Envirocare Pest Control – our experts can get rid of the ants in your home in no time!